Wednesday, December 31, 2008
This is a photo of our Christmas Card display along the stairs. We have cards on both sides of the railing. The kids love to stop and look at them.
Here is a freebie for the first day of 2009 http://www.chick-fil-a.com/breakfast/ Free Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuit coupon on your next visit when you purchase something on January 1st. Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
What I find is lower cal and fresher ingredients are more expensive at the grocery store but not more expensive at your locals farmers market.
If you have a local farmers market take a look around and visit and make part of your weekly shopping routine for your fresh veggies (if cheaper).
I need your help fellow frugal readers, I am looking for great low fat recipes and tips that help you stay fit. Any great products you think work great?
Monday, December 29, 2008
Our menu this week has a lot of Italian food. Next week I think some Tex-Mex is in order. I checked out a new cookbook from the library I will be sharing these great recipes.
Monday: Light Ck Alfredo with garlic bread I use all light ingredients the best I've had!
Tuesday: (Light Lean Ground Beef)Marvelous Mini Meat loafs from Trina at Fabulously Frugalicious (2nd time to use this recipe we loved it, mashed potatoes and green beans
Wednesday: Out for New Years. Posh Josh (my husbands new bloggy nickname) and I have a date night and a movie
Thursday: Frozen Stouffers Lasagna, Salad and hot dog bun rolls (got on sale for $4) easy cooking!
Friday: Regular Friday Make Your Own Pizza and movie night. I love cheese and jalapeno pizza!
Monday, December 22, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
I found some great coupons for 2 weekly staples goldfish and garlic bread! Check it out!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
- Close your drapes or blinds, sounds easy and it really works!
- Closing your interior doors doesn't help your heating it actually makes it work harder (found this from a heating and air conditioning co.)
- If all else fails cuddle up in a blanket on the couch and read a book :)
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Here are some tips:
- Borrow and swap an outfit with a friend
- Check out Ross and TJ Maxx for some great tops, wear with the always in style classic black pants
- Accessories can spice up a blah outfit, find a great necklace
Monday, December 15, 2008
Monday - Spaghetti and Meatballs (I use prego marinaria)
Tuesday- Out (holiday party)
Wednesday - Brisket (Sadlers Brand) from Wal-mart it is great!, French Fries (mom baked potato)
Thursday- Out (another holiday dinner)
Friday- Make your own pizza Friday and movie night
Friday, December 12, 2008
Vista Print is offering lots of freebies!
Arlington, TX Readers: You can bring your own camera for photos with Santa at the Parks at Arlington Mall. Great FREEBIE normally you can't get a photo for less than $15!
Free floor cleaner sample
Free Children's Christmas DVD
Kotex Lightdays Thin Pad Sample
Thursday, December 11, 2008
We tried the chicken Alfredo this week for the first time. It was the best Alfredo ever, plus it is lower fat. Here is the recipe http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/fettuccine-alfredo-chicken-111228.aspx . I get a lot of recipes from www.kraftfoods.com sign up for their free food & family magazine with tons of recipes.
This is one of my easy favorites my my mom.
Nana’s Taco Soup –Jennifer Rudd
What you need:
1 pound of ground beef cooked and drained
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of pinto beans (drained)
1 can of red kidney beans (drained)
1 can of mexicorn (drained)
1 powder packet of ranch dressing mix
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1 can of rotel
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups of water
I blend the tomatoes and rotel in the blender I don’t like chunky tomatoes.
Put all this in a crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours and 1 hour high. Top with shredded cheese. We eat with nacho chips.
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
My kids and husband love drinking bottled water when we are on the go. Any time we head for the mommy van they have to grab water out of the fridge. Stop wasting money on bottled water every week. After they finish wash in the dishwasher fill back up with new (tap) water or (filtered) water and put in the fridge. These bottles will last a couple months or so before you need new ones. It saves a little money and they can still grab them on the go. When the bottles are ready for the trash remember to recycle!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
- Each friend bakes 1/2 dozen sweets per person attending. If you have 10 people attending you need 5 dozen.
- Wrap them up is 1/2 dozen to share, I love decorating cute little bags.
- At the exchange bring a box or large bag and bring home your goodies!
- We set some out in the cake stand and freeze the rest to pull out slowly over the next couple weeks.
Here are the cake balls I made. Not exactly perfectly round like the one's that bakerella makes.
Here are the some of the ladies in our neighborhood for our neighborhood Christmas sweets exchange. Carri and Kelly did a great job hosting this year. We had crafts and each of the sweets were laid out in different areas of her house. Great time!
My six to bring to the party. I got these cute little baskets for 50 cents. I put the cake balls in a plastic bag and tied curlies around the top.
Monday, December 8, 2008
This week we seem to have lots of Italian food. I am in that kind of mood the weather is changing to cold so we need some yummy comfort food!
Monday- Crock pot chicken and Alfredo
Tuesday- Taco Soup
Wednesday- Left over taco soup
Thursday- Spaghetti and Meatballs
Friday- Make your own Pizza
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Suprise a Saturday post! I found this yesterday and had to share. I entered and won a free HUGE container of salsa 4 lbs of this yummy stuff to be exact.
I printed the coupon and headed to the store, my favorite food is chips and salsa! I'm from Texas ya'll!
Here is how you enter. Go to http://www.pacefoods.com/UnderTheLid.aspx , First time player register then click on get the code under the login. Then twist and see if you win. You can do this everyday. I tried today and my code not a winner but I will keep on trying. Salsa is like liquid gold at our house!!
Friday, December 5, 2008
Free Cookie Cutter
Glad Force Flex Trash Bags, LOVE THESE!http://instoresnow.walmart.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid56034.aspx
Huggies Good Nights http://instoresnow.walmart.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid60094.aspx
Geo Trax DVD FREEhttps://store.mattel.com/transition.aspx?TransitionID=139
Free Potty Training Kit http://www.pampers.com/en_US/easy-ups-potty-training
This is for the Dallas/ Ft. Worth Readers
FREE EXHIBIT ADMISSION 3-7 p.m., December 26Hereʼs a real holiday treat: enjoy free exhibit admission to the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame during Free Family Friday, 3 to 7 p.m. on Friday, December 26. Bring the entire family to the National Cowgirl Museum and enjoy the Cowgirl experience plus the Museum of Science and History's Hands On Studio, and the new Top Secret: Mission Toy, all for free. (Free Family Friday does not include free admission to the OmniTheater.)
Thursday, December 4, 2008
- I love to eat chips and salsa, all the time!
- I have a business where I do custom painting.
- I am adopted.
- I still love the New Kids on the Block after all these years. (See my family blog for concert photos)
- Secretly I always wanted to be a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.
- I ALWAYS have a candle burning in my house it relaxes me. I love the vanilla and cake smells.
Now I award these 6 blogs the Kreativ Blogger Award.
- My best friend Adrien apmDesign , she brought me back to my painting!
- Alicia at Carolina Sunshine Designs - purses and painting
- Hollie at Drama Mama - Blog Makeovers
- Jenny at Bella Bows - beautiful bows
- Ashlee at Milla's World - check out her cake pops!
- Trina at Fabulously Frugalistic - frugal girl like me and she makes some creative things
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Pringles Cans- clean them out and cover with wrapping paper, fill with homemade cookies. What a great gift!
Glass jars- I am saving our glass jars for homemade salsa. You can also use them for homemade hot chocolate for Christmas gifts. I will be posting my mom's secret recipe soon.
Old Christmas Cards- Don't throw away your Christmas cards after the holiday is over. Cut strips of the design and reuse next year as holiday gift tags.
Old Evening Gowns and costume jewelry- put in a box for your kids, friends kids or grandchildren. Kids love to play dress up. If the dresses are really long cut them shorter for kid length and use the extra fabric as a wrap.
Brown Paper Grocery Bags- opt for paper and save the paper bags, get the paints out and let your kids decorate the paper with red and green paint then wrap presents.
White Elephant Gift Exchange- at least one holiday party partakes in this annual tradition. Find something you don't use that others might enjoy.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Monday, December 1, 2008
Toys R Us- Lots of Items 60% off, plus free shipping over $25. Here is the link for the items on sale http://www.toysrus.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=3408677
Target: Today Sales: Leapster Learing System $28 now 40% off. Here is a link for todays best deals http://www.target.com/Deals-Day/b/ref=sc_fe_l_2/178-3936396-6020322?ie=UTF8&node=725415011
JCPenney's - Free shipping after spending $25 Use code TURKEYEX only today!
Kohls.com - Spend $100, get 15% off entire order plus free shipping, code CYBER15
New York & Company- Get 30% off your online purchase Code 1477
VistaPrint- Holiday cards 50% off
Barnes & Noble- 15% off one item http://www.barnesandnoble.com/cdsii/cdsPageTransfer.asp?r=1&uid=379000463&key=affiliate%2Dcoupon&afsrc=1
Home Depot- Some great deals, light fixtures 50% off! http://www6.homedepot.com/holiday/savingsevent/index.html?&PID=1763476&cm_mmc=CJ%2d%5f%2d1609503%2d%5f%2d1763476%2d%5f%2dCoupon%5fCM5off50+&SID=200004738d174c4869001a0022&AID=10608204&cj=true
Sunday, November 30, 2008
It was so YUM! We pigged out we got the FRIDAYS LOADED NACHOS, it was huge and I loved it! It was $7.99 so that was as close to the $8 as we could get. We had great service and enjoyed our lunch. Josh got the Jack Daniels Burger, ate a little of his and little bit of Madeline's kids chicken tenders. I forgot how much I love Fridays! Glad the coupon brought us back.
Friday, November 28, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- My Money Saving Tip: A List is the key, talk with your kids and make a list of the items you are shopping for then set aside that amount in CASH(I have a special checking account for holidays we set aside a little bit each month). The key to not overspending is using what you've set aside and sticking to the list. You will be happy come January that you don't have a high credit card bill.
Wolf Camera on Tuesdays and Wednesdays thru 12/24 , you can get .05 prints, 3.5 x 5 size only. She got 125 for her Christmas cards for less than $7. Wow!!
I love to hear other frugal tips! Thank you!!
In the next couple weeks I will be discussing some frugal gifts... stay tuned.
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
apmDesign (Adrien's design business) is offering a FABULOUS offer for my frugal readers. For only $10 she will create you a 5 x 7 Christmas photo card. Just select one of the designs below and she will insert your photos and information then send you a photo file ready to print!!! If you decide to order 30 cards from winkflash and use Adrien's design you will get them all for $17.50 WOW!!! That is one FRUGAL FABULOUS DEAL! If you are interrested here is her email mhtml:%7BE968B1FC-3ACF-4A92-BACD-42184DCA206A%7Dmid://00000093/!x-usc:mailto:email@example.com
Monday, November 24, 2008
Monday: Stuffed Enchiladas, Side of Lipton Spanish rice with corn mixed in, Black Beans (from the can) $7
Tuesday: Chicken Tostados , Side of Corn
I make my own tostados, get a corn tortilla spray with cooking spray back for 10 minutes at 425, then top with chicken or meat, beans, cheese, lettuce and salsa YUM! $4
Wednesday: Mac with Meat, Green Beans and Rolls
Family size mac and cheese with stewed tomatoes (blended in blender)( and 1/2 pound of ground beef) Rolls out of hot dog buns just break apart and top with butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and bake at 350 for 10 minutes for crispy garlic bread. Very cheap only 99 cents for a package. $5
Thursday: THANKSGIVING!!!! I AM NOT COOKING! FREE
Friday: Thanksgiving Leftovers and our annual tradition of baking and decorating sugar cookies while we put up the Christmas Tree. $2 for cookie stuff
Saturday, November 22, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
Free Stride Gum - this is a fun and interactive game to get your sample
Free Sample of Gain Laundry Detergent
Free Shopping List from Marie Callenders http://instoresnow.walmart.com/enhancedrendercontent_ektid58856.aspx
50 Free Prints from Snapfish for new users (This is where I order my photos, Great Quality)http://www2.snapfish.com/welcome?AID=10389942&PID=3122728
Sample of Christina Aquilera's new perfume. (Does it smell Dirrrty?)http://www.christina-aguilera-perfumes.com/us/sample?src=pgeds
Pantene New Collection of Shampoohttp://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/en_US/jsp/EDS_Page.jsp?pageID=UMLP&brand=pantene_brandsampler
Parent's Choice Free Formula Samplehttp://www.parentschoiceformula.com/baby-formula-samples.aspx
Betty Crocker Sample of Warm Delights, YUM-O!http://freewarmdelights.bettycrocker.com/WarmDelights/Default.aspx
Bertolli's Tomato Sauce Free Packethttp://www.condenet.com/promo/bertolli/sweeps/saucegiveaway/entry/long/
Free Playtex Baby Bottlehttp://www.playtexbaby.com/bpafree/info.html
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Thanksgiving is in 1 week! Lot's to do if you are having dinner at your house. Luckily this year we are off to my parents and Josh's moms side of the family. I am making pumpkin pie that is all. Yeah!
- Most grocery stores offer free turkey deals. Watch for the ad's. I've never paid for a turkey always free! We usually get 2 (my husband gets one from work).
- Keep your pretty china pretty and clean, just put a clear plastic (thick) plate over your china for dinner.
- Serve your food buffet style, this reduces the stress.
- Line your glass dishes with foil for easy clean up (this really works)
- Make casserole ahead of time and heat up right before
- Have everyone visiting bring a dish to help out the cook. Tell them what to bring so no duplicates.
- Did your kids already make their own special place mats or place cards?
- If you run across any empty butter containers or cool whip one's save for easy leftover storage.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
- Top cupcakes with candy
- Sprinkle in Stockings for Christmas
- Break up chocolate bars and mix in cookies
- Leave to eat on my sugar binges
- Continue to load the kids up with sugar and visit the dentist with rotten teeth :)
Frugal Jen has decided to be wasteful for once Good - Bye Candy! Mommy's hips and tummy will miss you :) This jar was overflowing just a few weeks ago. What makes it smell funny anyways? Am I the only one who has this problem?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
My favorite!!! Free Bown of Queso at On The Border
Red Lobster- free meal for your birthday
Cold Stone Creamery- free ice cream
Baskin Robbins- Free ice cream
TGIFridays- Free App when you join
No Sign up- Saltgrass Steakhouse M-F 3-7 1/2 price app's That means yummy cheese fries!!!
Black Angus Free Steak Dinner (Not any near the Dallas area)
La Hacienda The Ranch
Monday, November 17, 2008
We've all noticed the economic downturn, that is why I am sharing my frugal tips to help others. I've been frugal for a long time but I am always looking to be more frugal. I've found blogs where women have set amount for groceries for a year like $600 (I wish I could remember that site), WOW! I find ways and ideas from other women.
I would like to list a couple blogs I like to follow on being frugal. Why don't you pay it forward send an email to a friend about a frugal blog. Leave a comment if you have other frugal sites you like to visit.
Here are some of my favorites:
Friday, November 14, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Blogger Giveaway: Look at this FABULOUS Thanksgiving platter. Go to her blog and leave a comment to be entered to win.
Lot's of Coupons from Betty Crocker : Frosting, Brownie Mix, Cookie Mix, Bisquick, cereals, frozen veggies.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Here is how you do it:
- Find a large picture frame your are not using 11 X 14 or larger. I bought this simple black one at wal-mart for $5
- I cut the corks in half (easy not to slice a finger, I assume no liability)
- Remove the glass from the frame and discard (don't have any frugal tips for the glass)
- Arrange the cut corks in the frame along the card board backing of the frame.
- Once you have a good pattern remove one at a time and hot glue on the cardboard backing.
- Enjoy your new cork board. I have mine over my desk with birthday party invites and announcements to display and remind me what we have coming up.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Tip #1: Do your laundry in cold water. I started doing this a couple years ago. I do all my laundry except bed sheets and towels in cold water. It saves on your electric bill. I have noticed a difference in our electric bill being lower. This is a tip everyone can use we all have to clean our clothes.
Tip #2 : Adjust your thermostat. Here in Texas we are in the fall season which can range from 86 to 40 degrees. We have a programmable thermostat. During the day I have the house set for 80 degrees for the air conditioning and 70 degrees for the heat. I rarely have it cycle on during the day. I also open up the windows and let some fresh air in and it naturally cools or warms the house.
Tip #3: Replace your light bulbs. We've replaced many of our light bulbs with the new energy savings fluorescent bulbs. I haven't changed all the bulbs because it looks silly sticking out of ceiling fans and some light fixtures. But every little bit helps :)
Monday, November 10, 2008
I should be blogging tomorrow about Tuesday's Tips. Hopefully I will be feeling good after my dental stuff. Now, that is something I HATE spending money on.
Friday, November 7, 2008
Now this is an interesting sample Kick Butt Energy Balls. I had to order a sample just to see what this is. Mommy needs some energy!
Free Huggies Diaper Sample. Frugal Tip: With baby #1 I bought nothing but Huggies diapers. Now on baby #3 I buy the Wal-mart parents choice brand or the Target Brand. They work great no leaks or diaper rash and I save 50% from the name brand. The baby's bottom doesn't know the difference.
For those pet owners, here is a Free Dog Tag.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
She creates one of a kind art from wall art, canvases, invitations all the way down to purses and custom shirts. She have been in business for about 5 years and loves creating something new and unique! Please take a look at just a few of the things she had done, and let her know if there is anything you would like customized for your personal taste. She also does home accents and children's furniture as well as all sorts of fun seasonal decorations!
She is doing a giveaway of this FABULOUS purse. So go sign up to win!
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
I did an experiment. I bought the plastic bottles that hold about 10 oz. When someone doesn't finish it goes back into the fridge. It worked! It also reduced the amount we were drinking each week. So two things were accomplished.
You can also try this with the large bottles. I think these taste better than the metal cans.
Try it and tell me if works!
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
- Get the girls together, meet at each others homes and rotate homes each month
- Have a theme example : Tex-Mex, Chinese food, Fondue, Desserts
- Each person is assigned an item to bring plus a part of the drinks for that night
- Watch a favorite TV show together or play a game (Bunko for large groups)
Think about the savings! This is a great way to have a good time and for those on tight budgets can also enjoy girls night in!
This has me thinking I so need to plan one of these! Maybe a holiday theme around Christmas for us local blogger buddies?
Here is a freebie contest I found. One of my favorite bloggers, McMommy has a BFF that makes these cute clothes and she is giving it away just leave a comment to be entered. The contest ends today: http://themcmommychronicles.blogspot.com/2008/11/story-of-my-bff-and-how-you-will.html Here is a link to Lil Palm clothing to see all her cute stuff http://www.lilpalm.com/
Monday, November 3, 2008
- Look and price the alternatives, pro's and con's.
- Check out Lowe's and Home Depot they will give you some free kitchen designing booklets to help you in your search
- Look at model homes for free ideas on trend or look online. Here is my favorite site: http://ratemyspace.hgtv.com/
- Get at least 3 estimates! No less. You can use them to negotiate for a lower price.
- Make a list of any other items that need to be upgraded when you do this project. Example: new sink, faucet, stove top, vent hood, back splash. Add those costs in to the project cost.
- Slowly update the appliances. We are changing out the appliances from white to stainless steel. As you can see from the photo we did the big item the fridge. We negotiated a floor model when they were getting rid of last years models. We got it 40% off the asking price!
- Eliminate surprise costs and know exactly what to budget for.
Our update: Well we are still in the planning stage and really l0oking at which material we want to use. This is a big purchase for the kitchen and most expensive upgrade.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Here are some freebies and a photo of the freebies I got in the mail this week:
Get a free Schick razor
Get free samples of sun silk hair care. You can sign up to receive all 5 varieties.
Girls, we can all use some of this! Get a free sample of Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra Lift Deep Wrinkle Treatment. I love this stuff!
Our Monthly Visitor Samples, I love the descriptions on these "Experience Ultimate Comfort" "Make Every Move Your Best Move"
Bath & Body Works, free aromatherapy or true blue spa item with $10 purchase
Thursday, October 30, 2008
- Meal Planning for the next week. I usually go to the grocery store on Friday mornings.
- We feature a blog reader and how they are saving money too
- Have question and answer like a "Dear Abby" but for money saving questions.
Let me know what you would like to read more of! Tomorrow is Freebie Friday! I've got a big list already!
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
- Do you have a gym membership you don't use? "Get Real" about either going or cancel your membership. For me this is my monthly splurge I go 5 days a week to my gym. The kids love to play in the kids area it is my daily babysitter. This is something that I don't waste I get all my money's worth. Find out about your gyms activities and kids area. Also check out the classes, try a new one and see what you think. My favorite is Kickboxing!
- Consolidate your errands and shopping trips. Make a list and do all of them at once instead of wasting gas and making too many trips.
- When you eat out share a meal with someone or put half of it in a to-go box and eat for lunch or dinner the next day. When me and my frugal friend recently went to dinner we drank water, skipped the $8 margaritas, shared fajitas, and loaded up on the free salsa and chips. Afterwards we went next door to Market Street and shared a pre-sliced piece of cake Yum! I think we each spent $8 total for a girls dinner!
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
- Prioritize your list and estimate cost
- Budget it in, don't just go and buy it, set up a savings account for big household purchases
- Pass on the 0% interest credit cards for so many months offers to purchase it
- Just try and pay cash for it don't charge it
Remember my items: Here is my plan
- Haircut for me- well still hasn't happened. It is budgeted for next month I just need to commit to a style. I have long hair and want to cut it short. Any tips?
- New winter clothes for me - well this is not budgeted in yet my husband and I are having discussions about the course of action. Basically I need a new wardrobe last year was post maternity. I do plan to get some new jeans I will have to blog on my personal site about my shopping trip I refuse to buy that size.
- Granite counter tops- we have a home savings account that we deposit money into each month. We have a priority list of home projects. Unfortunately last month we had to replace the fence which too a huge amount away from my counter tops. So hopefully in the next year I will get them. But my husband also thinks he has some big items on that list like a man room
Friday, October 24, 2008
This is the best freebie if you have kids! A free custom letter from Santa. I already signed up for my kids. http://www.santaclausmuseum.org/_vti_bin/shtml.dll/FLFS%20Pages/SubmitLetter.htm
Here is another freebie contest from glamRbaby http://glamrbaby.blogspot.com/
Post in her comments area when you sign up you found her from Frugal Fabulous!
Get a free reusable tote bag free! A girl can never had too many bags!http://www.naturesbounty.com/totebag/index.aspx
Free sample of Tide total care. I used a sample of this product it was the best smelling detergent ever! I think it was refreshing rain smelled like a day spa.
Get a free sample of granola. This brand is yummy!
Wal-Mart is having events this weekend with freebies, and tips for your family. Find out if a store near you is participating. (Thank you Coupon Mama for this freebie) http://www.allyou.com/static/yesyoucan/index.html
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
- Finders Keepers for Kids (sign up for discount coupons) http://www.finderskeepersforkids.com/
- Kid to Kid http://www.kidtokid.com/
- Plato's Closet for pre-teens and teens (maybe even some moms) http://www.platoscloset.com/
Ways to find clothing swaps, do you participate in a playgroup or have co-workers with children maybe a year older than yours? In exchange for some clothes why don't you make the other mom a batch of homemade cookies or a casserole dinner. Many moms simply give their old clothes to goodwill or sale them at a garage sale they are probably sitting in their closets or attics and they would love to pass them on and free up some much needed space.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
Here on Frugal Fabulous I am going to help you get things you really want but, we are going to get there a better way then just plopping down the credit card at the overpriced department store or boutique. I want to have nice things and live within my means and we will get you there too. It is all possible. We ALL have those wants for nice things and they motivate us to save or do more to get them. I will help you overcome the trap of buying them if you can't afford them.
Keep the WANT list handy and always in your purse we are going to address this list on MOTIVATING MONDAYS and have goals to get you there. Post a comment and tell me some of your wants.
Here are my 3 WANTS:
- Granite counter tops for my kitchen
- New winter clothes (jeans that fit)
- A new cute short hair cut.
We are getting ourselves motivated by looking at our WANTS now we will get closer to getting them and getting them at the right time not being impulsive!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Free Cappuccino at Barnes & Noble (thank you Coupon Mama for this one) just print and take to your local store
This is a great organization system from mom agenda. Here is a link for some freebie sheets!http://www.momagenda.com/printable/index.html
Get your free sample of new Dove hair therapy system
Get a free samples of Aveda products. Join the birthday club and get a full size sample on your birthday worth $25.
Get a free sample of John Frieda Hair product from Wal-mart.com
Get a free sample of Seattle's Best Coffee
Join Proctor & Gambles Everyday Solutions site and get free samples of their products. This month is free Tide laundry detergent.
Get a free sample of Quaker granola bars.
Get a free sample of fruit roll ups and sign up to support box tops at your child school.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
My Madeline's Custom Outfit:
The Chairs I did for glamRbaby:
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Monday, October 13, 2008
- Go to the grocery store on a full tummy, if you go hungry you will buy more.
- Set a time limit to be in the store and make sure you wear a watch. Next time you are at the grocery store notice they have no clocks. The longer you are in there the more you spend.
- If possible leave the kids at home, little hands grab and add items secretly to your cart. If you bring the little one's make sure you bring a small bag of snack foods like chips or cereal this will keep those little hands busy and their tummies full.
- ALWAYS HAVE A GROCERY LIST!!
- I will tell you in posts to come about how I meal plan and ways to find savings.
Almost Free Product:
To reward you all for visiting my blog here is an almost free product, carrots at Target some of you might actually get them for free! My Target has the advertised price at $1.29 and would not accept the 99 cents coupon from the online store but I got them for 29 cents! Print this online coupon for $1 off carrots. http://sites.target.com/site/en/supertarget/page.jsp?title=coupons_specials
The reason for this list is when I am out and I happen to have time to run in a store (discount store like Target, TJ Maxx etc..) I will look for these items. I DO NOT get away from this list no matter what other "cute" or "sale" items I see. Because those other things are not on my looking for list and will most likely be put in a closet or forgotten. Just because you find something that is a GREAT DEAL, it doesn't mean you have to buy it!
Try a LOOKING FOR LIST this week and see what happens. I bet you save money by not buying other little items that come your way. When you leave the store with only the things you are looking for you will feel GREAT, you will have overcome the temptation to impulse buy and have no regrets later :) Plus you will have saved money, which means more money in the bank for important purchases, which we will talk about next week on Monday!
Tomorrow will be Tuesday Tips! This is a quick easy tip we can all use to be FRUGAL FABULOUS!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Goals for Frugal Jen 2009:
- To continue to share money saving tips on this blog and expand the readership (Tell your friends about my blog) I finally have the domain http://www.frugaljen.com/ which forwards to my blog
- To finish my book about Frugal Living
- Look for and implement new ways to save!
Financial Goals for 2009:
- Continue on our "cash" system no debt (one day I will share the HARD struggle to not use credit cards)
- Save enough in our home project account for my kitchen redo
- Commit to and implement our 1 time to eat out a week (no cheating)
I would love to hear some of your goals for 2009!