layout

Friday, March 25, 2011

Spray Painting Knobs Update

This post has been one of my most popular. I get emails each week asking how they held up. Well let me show you.... Not so well.... because I eliminated one little step. Spraying the backside of the handle. It led way to chips and scratches.
Since our house is on the market it was time to refresh.
I pulled out my trust ORB spray paint. It's been a while I missed you.

Much better! Nice and fresh.


Remember it's 1990's glory gold?
I also refreshed the kitchen and bath door pulls. After daily wear and tear a quick refresher coat was necessary.

6 comments:

Gauger Family said...

Good luck selling your house! We've had ours on the market since November and it is totally wearing me out! It is so hard to keep things clean :)

Gauger Family said...

We're actually in McKinney so I know you are somewhere around here too. It is not fun but hopefully worth it in the long run! We've had so many showings and good feedback but no bites. I'll keep my fingers crossed for both of us :)

Aimee said...

Our spray painted towel bars are still holding up well, but I'm sure I'll have to touch them up one day!

Bargain Hoot said...

Thank you for sharing this idea...I hope my husband is on board... I'd love to try it :)

Anonymous said...

I also painted my toilet paper holders and trash cans. With a clear protective coat they have held up great.

Anonymous said...

Using a satin clear coat is the key to a lasting finish. I would also suggest a light rubbing with 0000 steel wool or a scotch brite pad before applying the ORB coat.