layout

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Frugal Recipes

I've had some request from my menu this week. I will post my recipes each week with my menus.

We tried the chicken Alfredo this week for the first time. It was the best Alfredo ever, plus it is lower fat. Here is the recipe http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/fettuccine-alfredo-chicken-111228.aspx . I get a lot of recipes from www.kraftfoods.com sign up for their free food & family magazine with tons of recipes.


This is one of my easy favorites my my mom.
Nana’s Taco Soup –Jennifer Rudd

What you need:
1 pound of ground beef cooked and drained
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of pinto beans (drained)
1 can of red kidney beans (drained)
1 can of mexicorn (drained)
1 powder packet of ranch dressing mix
1 packet of taco seasoning mix
1 can of rotel
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 cups of water

I blend the tomatoes and rotel in the blender I don’t like chunky tomatoes.
Put all this in a crock pot and cook on low for 3 hours and 1 hour high. Top with shredded cheese. We eat with nacho chips.

2 comments:

Adrien P Maroney said...

I wish you were our personal chef!

momstheword said...

My family would probably love this! Thanks for posting.