layout

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My House Highlights


This is the house we've called home for the last 4 years.

We put it up for sale 2 weeks ago.

(sniff, sniff)


We've decided to move out a bit further and purchase a house with more land and a country feel.


(Note on naked tree: Here in the South we have crape myrtle tree's that we trim in the winter and they bloom beautifully in the spring and summer)
Our master is finally done and we decide to move. That's how we seem to roll. Always moving when the house is looking good.


We had the custom plantation shutter installed over the bed. I like it dark when I sleep. This king size bed is heavenly.
This is Madeline's room. Originally this was our playroom/guest bedroom. As you can see she has lots of toys and tutu's. Just realized I made her bed pretty badly for the photo. At least it's not on the listing.
This is my teenage daughters room. I surprised her 2 years ago with a room redo. She loved it! In the new house she says she's getting a more grown up room. No more flowers. Sweet Caroline's Room. Remember we thought she was going to be a boy so I had to make it a bit more girly.


This room has a 2nd door off the master. Perfect for a nursery. The "dude's" room. He loves his display shelf with model cars and lego creations.
This is where my husband and I spent a lot of time talking. We installed these french doors and closed off a room to make a home office. We sit in the leather chairs and drink wine on Wednesdays.
Each Sunday night we eat in the formal dining room. Many memories in this room. I had plans to put bead board below the chair rail.
Our living room is my favorite part of the house. Our custom built in cabinets are fabulous. Too bad I can't take them with me!
This is the eat in part of our kitchen and my desk area. I spent way too much time blog hopping.
We re-did our kitchen a couple years ago. We debated and put in high def laminate counters. Hindsight I would have put in granite. I love the slate back splash!!

These 2 buildings are my husbands pride and joy. His new Tuff Shed (really we put it in before we thought to move 2 months ago). It's all tricked out.


The big building we finished out inside and installed new french doors. It even has air and heat. It's his man cave. Here's the inside of the bonus building. We finished it out and put paint, carpet, built in cabinets. My husband originally wanted Texas orange walls. Glad we didn't do that!


I think it would be perfect for a homeschool building.
We've got a great backyard with ton's of grass. Love the 8 ft fence we had put in last year.

I won't lie I will be very sad to see this house go. I have mixed feelings about moving. I know with the school situation long term it's what's best.


I will miss our neighbors, friends and the lovely house we made our home.


Well I can't say good-bye yet we don't have any buyers. If your looking in the area and want to check it out email me at jenrudd@sbcglobal.net

15 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your house, it would be so perfect for us but we can't seem to sell our house. Good luck, we will miss you!

Jenny said...

Huge Sad face:( Did you get M in museum school for the fall? We go Wednesdays so hopefully we can meet up and play while we're close!

Dina said...

It looks beautiful! I pray it sells quickly and for lots of money too!

Ashley Tremaine said...

OMGOsh, you have a gorgeous home!! I'm sure it will sell quickly. I love everything you've done in each room!!

Gauger Family said...

Awesome! Everything looks perfect. Bring on the buyers :) (for me too, okay!!)

Grammy Goodwill said...

Good luck with your move. I know it was a hard decision for your family to make.

Aimee said...

I've always thought your house was so pretty! good luck with the sale of it!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

what a great home! i especially love your son's room- it's perfectly boyish!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

You have a beautiful home. I am sure you will have no problem selling it, and I am sure you will love living in the country, too. I know, I am a "country girl".

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen! Your home is so lovely! I've enjoyed the tour.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Rebecca said...

you have a beautiful home, jennifer! i hope it sells quickly. :)

Kathy said...

Hello Jennifer,
This is a beautiful home - your children's rooms each have their own personality - you've done a marvelous job - I hope all goes well with you as you try to sell-

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Just popping over from Poppies at Play. Love seeing your beautiful place without having to leave mine.
Thanks for the tour.

Fondly,
Glenda

Gg - Notes on the Journey
#3 (Kitchen tour from my vintage Chicago apartment)

ps. Happy moving.

Michelle said...

Good luck with the sell and move! It's too bad I never made it to your house when I lived just a few streets over - it's lovely!

Andy Porter said...

I can see why you are shedding a tear! I would be too! That home would definitely be hard to leave! I'm sure it will sell quickly and you will make your new country home just as beautiful! Thanks so much for showing us your gorgeous talents!

Thanks!
Andy
Poppies at Play