layout

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Wasteless Wednesdays

Here are some tips to cut back on your monthly budget and stop wasting your money. These ideas were given to me by my "Frugal Friend January". She is just as frugal as me if not more :) We always discuss being frugal together.
  • Do you have a gym membership you don't use? "Get Real" about either going or cancel your membership. For me this is my monthly splurge I go 5 days a week to my gym. The kids love to play in the kids area it is my daily babysitter. This is something that I don't waste I get all my money's worth. Find out about your gyms activities and kids area. Also check out the classes, try a new one and see what you think. My favorite is Kickboxing!

  • Consolidate your errands and shopping trips. Make a list and do all of them at once instead of wasting gas and making too many trips.

  • When you eat out share a meal with someone or put half of it in a to-go box and eat for lunch or dinner the next day. When me and my frugal friend recently went to dinner we drank water, skipped the $8 margaritas, shared fajitas, and loaded up on the free salsa and chips. Afterwards we went next door to Market Street and shared a pre-sliced piece of cake Yum! I think we each spent $8 total for a girls dinner!

No comments: