layout

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesdays Tip- Pop!

I am a girl who loves easy prep foods. I have NEVER make Jiffy pop until Sunday....
Remember we have family night every Sunday.

This time we chose to make fun popcorn and watch a movie.
Let me share.... here is the jiffy pop warming up
Everyone anxiously awaiting, this is family fun!

Pop, pop, pop... it was kinda scary and loud to use newbies.

Finally all done, it was the best popcorn ever!! Really it was better than movie theatre popcorn.

We had our popcorn and a movie. Madeline had the first choice of Veggie Tales for 30 minutes.

We put her to sleep then the big kid movie. Batman on VCR tape (garage sale find).
We put the tape in and what do we have ..... a home video NO Batman.


Frugal Tip #2 ALWAYS CHECK THE MOVIE CASE BEFORE YOU PURCHASE
I'm just glad it was a wholesome tape, can you imagine how it could have been?

post signature


4 comments:

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

We popped some of this for the 1st time when we went camping a few months ago. Your right, it was really good. I was thinking I was being a little byest since we popped it under the stars on a campfire. Ya know maybe the experience made it taste that much better than it really was. But if someone else thinks it’s as good as I did then it must be :o)

Kendra

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Have never tried Jiffy Pop! I always check movies before I buy them...I'd be so ticked about that home movie! At least it was a yard sale buy, right? :)

Nicole said...

Oooh .. we just did this for the first time a month or so ago!! It was fun!

And Brynne was sitting on my lap when I was reading your post. She said, "Is that Will?" Tell him Brynne says Hi!!

Lindsay said...

OMG!!! That's crazy!

I've never tried Jiffy Pop - will have to def pick it up sometime soon!