layout

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesdays Tip - Old Earrings?

I absolutely love free decorating ideas! I get giddy when I see an idea and immediately go home and do it myself.

This weekend we ate dinner with some friends at their incredibly decorated and cozy home.

She accessorized a candle with old earrings and charms. What a great idea!

So I came home and found these old earrings I NEVER wear. Put them on a candle and viola it gave it a little "pow". Here is the candle before just a plain ole Dollar Tree Candle

Take a look at the pair! This is on the wall in my kitchen. I found this floral arrangement in Canton. I got it for my birthday 3 years ago, doesn't it just scream I live in Texas? Thanks mom!
I am on the hunt for big gaudy earrings at garage sales now!
Watch out all my candles will be accessorized!

post signature

11 comments:

Lindsay said...

AWESOME! I love it! You're so funny! I'm assuming there a lot of fake flowers in Texas? :)

Nicole said...

Wow! That's great! Sure beats those REALLY EXPENSIVE candle spikes we saw the night of our blogging party, huh? I, too, will be on the hunt for gaudy earrings. What a fun gift to give, too!!

Aimee said...

That's a great idea!

Lisa said...

What a cute idea. I have a bunch of hand-me-down earrings from relatives that are pretty but not "me" to wear. This is a great way to showcase them.

Blondie said...

Ooooooo Canton!! I was just there for the First. Time. Ever. recently and now MUST go back ASAP and get a floral arrangement that screams "I live in Texas!!!!"


I can't believe the difference that earring makes! And now? I've got some nekkid candles laying around that need accessorizing. Thanks for the great tip!

the undomesticated wife said...

That's such a great idea!

Dina said...

I love that idea! I am going to look at my earrings right now!

Trina said...

Fantastic idea!

~CC Catherine said...

Hey Jen! Great idea share with the earrings! Very impressive! :) Hope all is well with you and yours! ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

What a great idea! How come I never thought of that? It makes that dollar store candle look like you got it a boutique.

~Amanda

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Now I wish I would have kept all those 80's earrings. :)
I'll be looking for some pretty vintage ones like yours instead!