layout

Monday, August 10, 2009

Menu Monday

My Cheerio cholesterol diet has started! I gave up my morning Special K protein bars for my childhood favorite Cheerios's. Let's see how it works.

This week is the first menu to reflect my condition (gosh that sounds bad like I am dying). My high cholesterol.

Monday: Kids and Husband Meatball sandwich and French Fries, Me a salad

Tuesday: Grilled Turkey Pannini's George Foreman Style
Take whole wheat bread spray with EVOO spray
Put in 2% cheese
Turkey (I like it shredded from the deli)
Red and Green Pepper slices
Mushrooms (husband likes)
Squirt a little Italian dressing inside and put on the George Foreman Grill

Wednesday: Chicken and Rice, Salad and Rolls
Easy Recipe and an all time favorite in my house:
2 cups cooked rice
1 can of reduced fat and sodium cream of chicken
1/2 cup of chicken broth
2 cups of cooked chicken -( I grill it up on the George Foreman and top with Kickin Chicken seasoning then cut it up)
Mix all together and bake for about 20 minutes covered with foil. I used to top with Mozz cheese.

Thursday: Leftover Chicken and Rice

Friday: DFW Blogger Girl Meet and Drink Party! I am looking forward to meeting many of you!! We still have some spots open if you want to join us!

post signature

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Mmm your paninis sound great!!! Hope you are well hun - have a blast at your D/FW meet!

Aimee said...

I still love cheerios and have them for breakfast quite often!

Lindsay said...

Yay for you - you are being so good. I am going to try your panini recipe. I wanted a panini maker, never even thought of using the Foreman.

all things girly said...

so when I saw your "hi cholesterol" diagnosis, I asked Chris what his top tips for managing it are, he has done so well with diet alone. He said cheerios, yogurt shots (they are by Promise activ - Super Shots), and he also switched his butter that we use at home, it is Promise Activ as well, and it is a little pricey (3.50 for a small tub) but hey if it helps!!

anyway, these are our tips!