Background: I've had many people email me about my grocery shopping and how much I spend. Grocery shopping is usually a high budgeted amount for families. We have been in many phases during our marriage. We've been on the $50 a week budget when that was all we could afford but luckily we are in the stage where we can spend more and I am not as stressed out about staying under the budget. So.... yes I spend more than I should ......
My confession: I go to wal-mart and sometimes I don't even have coupons. If I won the lottery I would shop at Central Market every week .... no coupons ... oh and their personal chefs would cook my meals.
- Spend $120 - $150 a week ($150 is my budgeted amount) Yes I can do better and I hope to. I am not the perfect frugal grocery shopper but some other bloggers have inspired me.... keep reading.
- I shop at Wal-mart every Friday morning ( This is a nice swanky new one always super clean and the same lady checks us out) but.... I am thinking about switching to Kroger because of all the online bloggers showing their savings.
- I do clip coupons out of the Sunday paper ...well most of the time unless I am lazy
- Wal-mart will price match other stores ad's so I browse and circle the items in a purple marker for the cashier with the item .... if I remember
- Meal plan and itemize the grocery list ... we pick the meals based on what the family wants not what is on sale. I do this every week never go to the store without a list!
So .... I enjoy reading the blogs where they spend so little and get a ton of stuff at the grocery store! Here are a couple of my favorite super savers! Hat's off to these ladies.... you have inspired me
- Frugal and Fabulous - Yes our blogs have similar names we have laughed about that. Lindsey is a master of bargain shopping and finding great deals
- Jane and 4 Girls - This lady has an annual budget of $800 for her grocery's. I am always amazed at her finds. Fun reading!
- The Grocery Cart Challenge- she spends $60 a week for a family of 6.
- The New Frugal Mom - she has a great feature Let's go Krogering. Check it out! This lady makes me want to shop at Kroger again. I think I will give it a try next week.
Yes these bloggers make me think.... I could save more. I sometimes wish if only they could come help me shop maybe just maybe I could save a little more. You can see I do splurge on my groceries. I admit I am not the perfect frugal person but, this is my weak area and I hope to improve and share my improvements. Any tips ????
One more thing... one of my blog readers Say It On a Sign is giving away a free custom sign. Go enter to win!