layout

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter Blessings

Easter Sunday is one of my favorite days of the year. It's such a beautiful service after a long 40 day Lenten season (The 40 days prior to Easter). As a Catholic convert (I was raised Baptist) this is a special time for fasting, reflection and preparation. We all need this time in our life.
Little Miss doing some egg hunting at home. These two were so thrilled to wake up, get dressed and see some treats waiting for them.

The trio after mass. This as good as it gets posing 3 kids.
This lent was a difficult one for me. I made a priority to really take time for myself and reflect. It's quiet times with God that you realize areas that need improving. Wow, I prayed for a transformation and I had no idea the junk that comes out during that process.
You might have noticed my lack of blogging or change in posts this had to do with my inner changing.
I hope to become the wife, mother and friend I've always wanted to be. Sometimes even as a 30 something mom we still have childish ways we need to let go of. I pray daily for my strength and for God's will to be done.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Awesome post Jennifer! You're absolutely right about that precious quiet time with God being very eye-opening. Good for you for re-evaluating and making some changes. :)