layout

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Clean Up, Clean Up... Everybody Everywhere...

Yes, we sing the Barney song to clean up. Remember my kids took my mind and won't give it back!

After browsing lots of great kids rooms from Kelly's show us where you live blog, I've decided I need to unclutter and thin out toys.

I watch all the home declutter shows and have the knowledge but I just haven't wanted to. Too much work and fits from the kids. Not worth it. Until this morning. I have a new found motivation to clean out junk. I am going to tackle my side of the closet, the playroom, and the kids rooms over the summer.

This is my daughters desk area, which has accumulated a lot of um.. junk. I would love to provide her with some good organization since she is now a 7th grader.

This is what I would like to turn it into:

I just need to tell my self. I think I can, I think I can... until I just do it!

post signature

3 comments:

~ Jill ~ said...

GOOD LUCK!!!! I need to do that too this summer ..... UGH! I dread it but it needs to be done!!!! ;)

Milk & Cookie Party said...

I did that with our playroom last week and donated a lot of baby stuff to the CLC at our church. My 4 year old was ok with all the donations until he say some jumbo legos going into the van. Not so ok. He has the smaller stuff and I'd like to see him move into those more and lose the big baby ones. So, I kept the big legos and will get rid of them in 6 months after he's done. It's liberating to get rid of stuff. I noticed that we had lots of storage bins in addition to a wall of shelves. I cleaned out all the bins and made sure everything had a home on the shelves. I'm so tired of the extra bins- as it just collects clutter. My goal is the same as yours but I want to do it early in the summer so we have a clutter free summer! It is therapeutic to scale back.

Enjoying your posts!

Ann

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.