Valentines day is around the corner... here are some great frugal ideas for your loved one.
Couple's Special Valentine:
- Custom Music CD- burn a CD with songs that remind you of him. My husband did this for me several years ago and put it in my car so when I started it our first dance song played from our wedding.
- Plan a Special Date- at home or your favorite restaurant. My favorite is at home after the kids go to sleep or they are away. Pull out your china and candles. Spaghetti and Meathearts, instead of rolling meatballs into a ball use small heart cookie cutters to make hearts. Here is a great meatball recipe. Chocolate Cheesecake for dessert.
- Love Bar- Write love note and wrap around a chocolate candy bar and seal with a sticker.
- Valentine's Coupons- find some great printables here.
For the Family on Valentine's Day
- Special Placemats with that Special Dinner- We decorate construction paper and get it laminated at the local teachers store for about 50 cents. The kids pull out the placemats each year and get so excited. (we do this for all the holidays)
- Heart Cookies and Sweets- there is something very comforting about having cookies in the cookie jar we make cookies at least once a month. Let the kids decorate one for each member of the family then put the special cookies in personalized paper lunch bag for each person.
- Coupons- make coupons for the kids: one free bed making, laundry pass, park pass. They can also make some for mommy and daddy: dish duty, hugs, and cleaning chores.
- Handmade cards- get out the craft supplies and let your kids design their own special card for mommy and daddy. I keep all my kids special creations in a big box with their names labeled so that one day they can . Here is a great site for printable cards for your kids to color and decorate.
Still want more ideas.... this is my favorite site for family fun!