This is NOT Texas weather.
Let's talk about how to stay warm without an outrageous electric bill. Here are some things we've done:
- Closed all our blinds and drapes
- Bought a small space heater for my oldest daughters room. Her room doesn't warm easily. Now it stays toasty without us blasting the heat.
- Lower the thermostat to 66 degrees upstairs with the bedrooms. Then put an extra blanket on the beds.
- Turn the down stairs heat to 64 at night.
- Fire, Fire and more fire in the evenings. I LOVE a nice warm fire.
So any of you Northerners got any more tips for us warm weather folks hit with a harsh winter?