Ashlee made the most beautiful little party hat. I've seen these creations on esty for $40. She's shared the pattern and instructions for my readers. Thanks girl! Let me share: Here is the pattern she used. She enlarged the pattern to make a larger size.
- Foam Craft Sheets (the flexible and bendable kind)
- 1/2 yard of crushed velvet
- Craft maribu (the fluffy feathery stuff)
- Soft Fabric and Elastic Headband
- Felt for the number
- Trace the pattern on the foam craft sheet
- Glue the crushed velvet to the foam pattern
- Add rhinestones
- Cut the birthday number from felt and attach to the hat. Ashlee used the Disney font and printed a number 2 and used it as a pattern.
- Hot glue the hat together and add the maribu and attach to the headband
My little Madeline and birthday girl Milla in her special party hat.
We were both in the craft mood. I made Milla a cupcake cape for her birthday. She's got everything cupcake so a cupcake superhero she is.
Sorry I don't have pattern for this one. I will try my best to explain my made up way to make a cape.
- I simply use 1/2 yard of fabric and fold it in half and cut it in a taper shape
- Fold in the sides and hem
- Before I sew the elastic in the neck I do the felt work
- I cut the felt design and pinned then sewed in a zig zag stich
- For the neck I fold and pin in the elastic and sew it closed.
- Pull the elastic to shorten the opening then sew down and cut elastic.
- Finally I use self adhesive Velcro to hold the neck closed.
For more crafts visit A Soft Place to Land DIY Party