layout

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Boz the Bear

Sometimes I have to pinch myself because of the way things work out.

I've been having some issues with the Disney shows.

A while back I was watching a show with the kids and some very inappropriate issues were being brought up. We are huge Disney fans but this really upset me.

The closer I looked the more I saw "agenda's" being put in front of my children.


I've been saying some prayers for discernment as a parent and wondering if I was being "overprotective".

Low and behold my prayer was literally answered when these 2 DVD's showed up for me to review on my blog. Thank you mom select!

We discovered Boz the Bear.


We sat down and all watched the Christmas DVD on family night. Disbelief, this completely portrayed the kind of family, children and environment I would create myself.

I HIGHLY recommend these DVD's. My children have been watching them everyday. We've enjoyed them so much I bought more for Christmas. Finally another Christian series other than Veggie Tales (which we also love)that I can feel completely comfortable with my children watching.


Have any of you discovered Boz the Bear?

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I have a 15 yr. old son and he is old enough to 'get it' but I am so offended at some of the things on tv! I understand what you are saying and I am glad that you found something that was enjoyable to watch. The older I get the worse things seem to be as far as the tv etc. I wonder what the world will be like when my son has his own family.

Nicole said...

I just signed up for Mom Select. I hope I get to start reviewing some of the cool things you do!
Nicole

T said...

I will have to check this out! We just went and saw Planet 51 this past weekend and there were several things that I just can't see why they would ever put in there! So aggravating that you can't even watch kid movies anymore without all the sexual comments!

Chasing Pure Simplicity said...

We love, love, love Boz! The fact that it teaches great educational concepts (we have one on colors, shapes and letters) and gets a Christian message in too is wonderful!

Milk & Cookie Party said...

Another really good one for little ones is Cedermont Kids. It's all songs sung by children and it's the classics. We had them all but a couple have dissappeared over the years. The children actually sound good and my children were mesmerized by them. My son's favorite were Action Bible Songs. They also have a Christmas one.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Love, love, love Boz! We've been watching his DVD's for several years now, and my 5 year old is still in love with him. The tunes are catchy, the message is stellar, the colors are bright, it's quick-paced to keep their attention....what's not to love? I give my boys their haircuts and put Boz on while they're getting them...it's like a special treat! :)

Aimee said...

I haven't seen Boz yet. What age group does it target? I wonder if Claire would like it.

I know what you mean about the agendas...I get so frustrated!

Rebecca said...

we love Boz! also hermie & friends! there's also gigi (for madeline), auto good, bible man and angel wars (haven't personally seen angel wars but looks cool for our little guys)

check out family christian bookstore's webpage under "kids":

http://www.familychristian.com/?intCategory=3