layout

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Under the coffee table?

I've been looking for a rug for at least a year. I've found some fabulous one's in Ballard Designs and Pottery Barn.

Yes... one problem. I am not about to shell out a ton of money on a rug that my kids will drop pizza on.

I've thought why do I need a rug? Selfish reasons, let me share....
  1. Every time the kids jump on the couch (when I am not looking) they pull the sectional apart. Then I spend 30 minutes putting it back together. It just slides on the wood floor.

2. Will hides gummy packets and snacks he shouldn't be eating under the coffee table.

3. I just want a rug.

We went to Lowe's for air filters and I found a bound carpet frieze carpet remnant on clearance.

Best part it was only $40.

Compared to the similar carpet look rugs for $150 or more.


Notice the wrappers under the coffee table when we moved it??

Now here it is all nice and cozy under my coffee table. The color of the photo doesn't show well. But it matches the light wall color perfectly!
On Saturday night we moved the coffee table and all laid on the new carpet while we watched a movie. Oh how I've missed carpet in the living room.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

Yep, you'll love that!

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Oh, why oh why must they shove stuff under the coffee table? It drives me bonkers! If I can't find her shoes, I just look under there, and guess what? I find them!

I'm sure you're thrilled to have a new rug and to have found a deal on it!

Lindsay said...

That's a steal! If it makes you feel better, we have our sectional on carpet, and my kids still get it apart by jumping on it :)

Heidi said...

I'm having the same problem with the sectional. I'm trying to figure out a solution to keep it from falling apart all the time. I love your rug but it won't work for me (naughty poodle, don't ask). It looks very nice and your children seem to be loving it!

Dina said...

It looks great!

Melanie said...

I am looking for one for my greatroom. I have a beautiful berber carpet that has a diamond shape in it. I don't like the carpet look and this looks like one big rug. I just want a rug for the color that it will bring to the room. I love that you found a remnant for $40. Love that.