layout

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Spray Painting Plastic

Anyone else out there in a constant state of craziness? Long weekends are supposed to be spent relaxing. Maybe laying out by the pool or taking naps. Not at my house!

We had a big development in our home.... we put up the baby crib and the changing table. Yes, my little miss is now officially a big girl! *sniff, sniff*

Let me share the happenings... First we found this. Yes, our little ballerina is stretching but she can also get out of the crib.

So I got up in the attic to get this old blue bear bed.

Can you believe this was Kate's toddler bed? Will also used it.

Yes, we don't like to get rid of things. Functional and free people!


But.... I cannot put my pink princess in a blue bear bed. So, that means pink spray paint!



Did you know they have special spray paint for plastic?

Well too bad the colors are NOT pink!

So I opted for a clear primer. After I did a coat of that I used the regular Valspar Pink spray paint! I did about 3 coats.

Can you tell she is excited about her new bed?


The finished product and my little miss asleep in her bed. After 5 minutes of crying at the gate she climbed in and went off to sleep.

Yes, I know her lovie is on her head don't worry she can still breathe. This is how she sleeps.
Verdict: It worked! However it did chip in a couple places.



Easy touch up.... nail polish in the same shade!

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for the FREE Fisher Price TRIO Building Set.

post signature

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the bed in pink. What a fun idea! Hmmm...what can i paint next?

The P*dunc's said...

Looks great! I am glad it worked out.

I spray painted my kids plastic table and chairs so that it wouldn't look too gross if they wanted to bring it in the kitchen to eat on (from being outside). My verdict: it has become an outside ONLY thing. My kids dragged the chairs across my tan linoleum and now there are blue paint streaks every where! I am hoping that the magic eraser gets it off, because nothing else is working! So, don't let your daughter drag her bed around. ;)

Jenny said...

Awe...big girl beds:)

Milk & Cookie Party said...

You are a miracle worker with paint! Great job.

Unknown said...

What a resourceful mom you are! Love the pink bear.

Adrien P Maroney said...

What a special Birthday Memory for you to have:) Looks GREAT! I had a crazy idea. Did you say that you locked your door to hers? Or just at night? You could put her bed in that nook where the door is and put curtains behind like a fancy princess headboard and then she would gain a TON of play room? Just one of my many crazy ideas. May not be practical at all or work for that matter;)

Rebecca said...

too cute jen!! looks great! i love spray painting!

Aimee said...

Wow, it turned out cute! I just spray painted some old plastic flower pots and they turned out good...I didn't buy the plastic only spray paint either...that reminds me I meant to blog about that!

Dina said...

It looks great. Now it 's time for another baby!

Julie said...

You should write them! They should definitely have PINK. Looks great and I'm sure she loves it.

Paige said...

I laughed when I saw the picture of your daughter with her lovie on her head. My daughter used to do the same thing, she called it her "eye covers". She started doing that when she was about 2 and it lasted about a year. We still get a good laugh about it 2 years later.

Plastic Painting said...

The key to painting plastic is to make sure the surface is clean and prepared to receive the paint, then use heat to quickly dry the paint before it runs.

Kevin