layout

Monday, September 21, 2009

Menu Monday

First of all I have to show off a photo of my girls. These girls have such a special relationship. Kate is 10 years older than Madeline but they adore each other.

My BFF Adrien took these photos the other day when we were visiting.Good news! This week I plan to eat. Last week was crazy hectic and I had a bit of a food breakdown. We ate out 5 times. Yes 5 times and it was wonderful! This week I am prepared.

I am trying more easy partially pre-cooked meals. Yes I know that is bad for my cholesterol but I need meals FAST, really fast!

Monday: Meals in the car. I purchased Ziploc containers with dividers. Little wrap sandwiches with tortilla's around chicken nuggets. Side of fruit and chips.

Tuesday:
Nacho's with Oscar Meyer pre-cooked southwest chicken. Super easy and good! Keeps me away from Chili's Classic Nachos I just make my own.

Wednesday:
Chicken Stir Fry. I am trying out a Wanchai Ferry dinner kit, I had a coupon. We got the Kung Pao chicken. All you add is the chicken. This saves me from stopping at Pei Wei.

Thursday:
Brisket and Tator Tots. I purchased the package of Sadler's BBQ Brisket. We love this stuff we're from Texas Yall!

Friday:
Pizza Night. We are starting our new religious education small group at our house. We will pick up Little Cesar's Pizza $5 each for a large.


Next week I plan to make some crock pot meals. Calling all crock pot recipes!!! Please send them my way!



post signature

10 comments:

Nicole said...

Check Recipezaar.com. Also, I've read recently about cooking fish in foil in the crockpot. I want to try that!

Heather said...

Such a cute picture of your girls! I think chicken stir fry sounds yummy!

Jessica said...

Allrecipes.com is my favorite place to find my crock pot recipes. Here are 2 that I am trying out this week. Beef Stew - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Cooker-Beef-Stew-I/Detail.aspx Pork Chops http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pork-Chops-to-Live-For/Detail.aspx When I make my meat in the crock pot then I buy the Bob Evans side dishes that way I just put them in the microwave for a few and dinner is done!

Casi said...

Love the pic of the girls!

Ok, here is a recipes for crockpot lasagna - one of my sorority sisters posted it earlier this year and it's fabulous. I substitute ground white meat turkey for the beef to make it a bit more heart healthy.

Crockpot Lasagna
Ingredients:
1 lb. Lean ground beef
1 onion chopped
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
2 – 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
1 – 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 ½ tsp. salt1 tsp. oregano
1 – 12 oz. carton of fat free cottage cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
12 oz. lasagna noodles – uncooked
8 oz. shredded non-fat mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef and onions in a skillet.2. Add garlic powder, tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt and oregano.3. Cook long enough to get it warm.4. In a bowl mix the cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese.5. Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the crockpot. Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles. (break to fit) Top with cheese mixture.6. Repeat layers two more times.7. Cook on low for 5 – 5 ½ hours.This recipe makes 8 serving

Aimee said...

I just bought a new crockpot this weekend! I'm looking for recipes too. Let me know if you find any good ones. My problem is going to be finding ones that the kids will actually eat!

T said...

LOVE crockpot meals!! Makes life so easy, especially if you cook and freeze your meat in advance!

Here's one of mine:

1 can or 1 pkg of corn
1 can of beans (any kind you like, we have used black beans and pinto, we love the pinto)
1 lb of hamburger meat
1 pkg taco season
1 can rotel

Cook the meat and add toco season to it, then drain evrything but the rotel and throw in the crockpot together! Cook until warm or simmer all day, doesn't matter either way! I have eaten just the mixture or throw it in a tortilla! Simple!! Delicious!

Adrien P Maroney said...

Thank you for all of your wonderful meal plans:) I hope to get you the other photos of little miss soon!

Camily said...

I'm trying your Mexican Lasagna tonight--can't wait!

Jenny said...

Love the picture:) They are such sweet girls!

Kelly said...

http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/

wasn't sure if you ever went to this blog....but last year this awesome lady made a crockpot recipe EVERYDAY...pretty cool...

i totally understand the craziness, i might get to really cook twice during the week....then its leftovers or really easy stuff...