I do not claim to be the best frugal grocery shopper, I do my best. Sometimes coupons.... sometimes great deals. It seems more often than not I spend about $150. Well things have to change...
Remember I told you my husband started his own business. So as a new business owner we have a lot of expenses and I have to keep the budget down at home for a while.
This week I am going to Wally-World. Seriously we have the nicest one and it's way better than Kroger. I plan to spend $110. Yes, I know I could do better. Anyone want to come over to my house and do my list and coupon match? It's hard with 3 kids and a hectic schedule.... yes excuses.
- I make my meal list on the calender. I grocery shop on Friday mornings and meal plan Friday - Thursday.
- I don't necessarily buy what is on sale I buy what I think sounds good for meals. (In order to stay away from the eating out temptation I have to make foods we crave)
- Pull out the grocery store ad's and circle items on my list. Almost always find Diet Coke on sale somewhere.
- My mom gives me all the coupons in her Sunday paper so I go through those for my regular items.
- I go to coupons.com and look for online coupons.
- I check http://www.couponing101.com/ she's got great store match ups and links to coupons.
- Head to the store armed with snacks for Madeline. I try to get in and out withing 45 minutes otherwise I spend more money.
I've got friends who do the grocery game. I would love to try but I can make 100 excuses... you don't want to hear them.
I would love to hear any of your tricks and tips. I used to love grocery days now it's like laundry I dread it!