layout

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wasteless Wednesday

Good news on my kitchen crisis, I found another one to order so fingers crossed my kitchen will have counters tomorrow!

With our current kitchen crisis and only a microwave and oven I am in need of easy meals. My wonderful mother made us the best potato cheese soup last night with crescent rolls. She put them in individual plastic disposable container so we had no clean up. It was such a relaxing way to end the day. I wanted to share this recipe you can reduce the fat by using all light items which I hope my mom did.... oh well I am going to the gym this morning.

POTATO CHEESE SOUP
1 stick margarine
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup grated carrots
½ cup chopped celery
4 cans Campbell Potato Soup
1 lb. (16oz) grated Velveeta cheese
4 cups milk
1 16 oz. container of sour cream

Melt margarine in skillet or microwave. Cook onions, carrots and celery in margarine until soft.

In Crockpot, place cans of soup, cheese, milk, and sour cream. Stir in onions, carrots and celery. Salt and pepper. Let cook on low for several hours. Stir from time to time.

A welcomed meal amongst the dining room storage mess!

My Wasteless Wednesday Tip of the Day: Reuse and save containers! I always save cool-whip (the best storage containers) and butter bins. These are especially great for taking food to friends when they are sick or have a new baby. When they are done eating they can simply throw away instead of worrying about delivering back to the wonderful cook.


If you find yourself in need of these throw away containers don't buy them at the grocery store they are usually $4 a pack go to the dollar tree or dollar store they have the same one's for $1.

post signature

No comments: