layout

Friday, January 21, 2011

Trash to Treasure

I enjoy reading home decor blogs. So many people saying they find furniture on the side of the road and take it home to refinish it.

I don't know about you but until the other day I NEVER see nice furniture or chairs out for the garbage.

We put stuff out like our blue plastic pool and it's gone in an hour, but not anything nice worth more than a few bucks.

So Monday after swim lessons we're driving home and we see 2 pieces of furniture out. This dresser, which I'm going to repaint for the girls room. Then this....... OMG I start freaking out in the car. You know why?

Because it matches this bed I bought off craigslist last year for Madeline.



My husband told me I'd never find another bed to match... ha!



Now the girls will have matching beds. Since we just cleaned out the garage I'm moving the bed with a new mattress to her room early. We now have an extra bed.



I think the two beds are going to look great together in the room. They aren't exactly the same but they're from the same collection. Now I'm off to order another bedding set.

Next week I plan to tackle the dresser, we just need some warm weather. Yippee!



8 comments:

Jenny said...

Holy cow batman you hit the jackpot! We JUST had this conversation about matching beds, remember and you were resolved to finding something that would work!SO happy you don't have to settle and you got it for free! WOW!

Holly said...

I love it!! I like that the beds are a little different! My Mom has found great stuff in the trash! Funny story - she found a dropleaf dining table in the trash & uses it in her bedroom. The day after she took it, she was getting her haircut. The lady in the chair next to her was telling the girl cutting her hair that she had put a table out for the trash and she couldn't believe someone would take someone's trash! Too funny!

Mom2fur said...

Wow, what a lucky find. It's so sweet and girly, too!
A few years ago I found a little secretary desk on the side of the road. I have no idea why they were getting rid of it, but it's mine now!

Lauren@ Not Your Average Southern Belle said...

Recycling jackpot! How cool!

SkinnyMeg said...

Wow, that was totally luck!! Amazing :)

Unknown said...

Just got "Godbumps" that is awesome! Great find! I remember my grandmother would never miss an opportunity to pick up something that someone threw out that she thought she could use. I used to be so embarrassed when she would make us get stuff, now I do the same thing....ain't no shame :)

Jennifer said...

That is so cool that you found the "matching" bed!!!! Even though I've never stopped to pick anything up, I'm always looking at peoples "trash" on the curb!

Aimee said...

Wow! I can't believe you found a matching bed! I got claire's dresser from the curb. :)