layout

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Journey of a Living Room

I'm pleased to introduce my new living room! Thanks to Cheap Thrills Decor our custom built ins are complete and beautiful!
We've been brainstorming and trying to figure this room out for 3 years. Remember my inspiration photo. Finally I feel at home.
Let's take a journey of the phases...

This is the living room when we first purchased the house.

Bright sunshine yellow and a gold ceiling fan. Not for me. Off balance and weird. Although Madeline enjoyed her extersaucer play spot.


Don't you love the storage space for the pack and play? Notice a theme... baby accessories. Not exactly a relaxing living room with some sort of style.


This phase I was going for an accent wall. It looked good but the dark color made the room seem really dark.


Here is the finished product again. Light and bright! I cannot believe how much different the room looks. I love sitting in this room. I spent many days frustrated on what to do with it. Finally it's done! Well except I need a new rug and coffee table :)
Our huge flat screen is now up away from little hands and has a special place of it's own.


This unit is the corner. Let me tell you.... we have storage galore!


We even have room for our rock band guitar. All the DVD's and old VCR tapes have a place.


The other side is complete with bookshelves accented with bead board. I just loooove it! So much functional storage space. My husband is an avid book collector. We moved an heirloom collection to the living room.


If you live in the DFW area and are looking for a design firm or carpenter for some custom furniture check out Cheap Thrills Decor. They are incredible, professional, and high quality. Thank you Jami and Bob!!

12 comments:

Alicia {Murry Mayhem} said...

Wow! It looks great Jen! Love it!

Your Best Friend said...

That looks really fantastic. I love the corner entertainment unit.

Infatuated with Homes and Gardens said...

I wish Cheap Thrills Decor would build these for me in Australia, they look fantastic!
~Sharon~

Tonya said...

LOVE IT!

Camily said...

Oh I love it!!!! It's beautiful and now I want to do my living room! Wow!

Dina said...

They look beautiful and they are decorated perfectly!

Ashley Tremaine said...

Love the way your LR turned out. Really like your white shutters on the windows! The cabinets are great! What a great job! Love reading your blog each week! I just wanted to let you know I awarded your blog the STYLISH BLOG AWARD over on my blog!!

Ashley
www.thetremainestory.blogspot.com

Lori @ Projects Plenty said...

What a HUGE improvement. The built ins not only look nice but the increase in storage has to be wonderful. I love your corner cabinet as it balances the room and places your TV at a great anglefor viewing. The whole room looks great... well done!

Liz Marie said...

Wow!!! I love the before & After!!! Looks amazing.. such a great idea. I found you through better after's blog.. Glad I did! xx Liz Marie

Liz Marie Blog

Marti said...

I love the way the tv cabinet is angled so both the tv and fireplace can be focal points. The cabinets add visual height to the room too. Really nice looking!

Marti said...

p.s. I'm featuring this at my new blog tutorialsandpatterns.blogspot.com. Grab a "featured" button if you want.

Bargains to Bounty said...

Did you treat the brick? It looks lighter, but it's hard to tell if the brighter cabinets help with that!