Wednesday, May 18, 2011

House Update

Yes you read that right.... our house is not for sale.

Was it sold, no.

We just decided the timing was bad and everything pointed to no.

Let me tell you about it.

We put our house up for sale, weeks later our neighbor across the street went up, then our next door neighbor. We live on a small cul de sac. It looked like something was seriously wrong.

Our other neighbors even commented "Do you know something we don't"

Our oldest daughter made the high school drill team in our current town.

The 2 houses we had our heart set on went under contract.... not to us. There was nothing available that fit our acreage and house minimum. We would be homeless if we sold.

We got an offer while we were negotiating I realized we would have to live in an apartment with 4 kids for at least 6 months (most likely on the 3rd floor).

The kids would move mid school year to a new house and school.

Nothing about this scenario made me happy.... only stressed very stressed.

Are you getting the picture?

The buyers backed out and bought the house across the street. Whew....

It was a close call that made us realize the timing is off.

So our new plan... start looking again next spring and sell our house after we move.

I feel a strong sense of peace. In the meantime I'm enjoying our home, our neighbors and friends.


Gauger Family said...

Wow! I was wondering what was going on with your house. We actually just got a contract too. But it's a contingent so they have to sell theirs. It's not official yet but it has been so stressful and not fun. I'm really not sure it's going to work. Lucky you- you get your house back and no stress! Congrats!!!

Holly said...

I am glad you guys will be around atleast another year!

Dina said...

I'm glad you can have some peace now!

AnneMarie said...

soo, let's get together and swim this summer!!! I understand wanting simple, land, places for kids to run without worries... I worry about that even where we are.
many hugs!!