Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Update

We want to thank you all for the emails, comments and phone calls. After a very eventful few days I am resting back at home. Let me tell you what's going on.

Sunday afternoon: when the nurse came for my 2nd steroid shot she thought I might be in labor. I had many signs. I got to the hospital and I was having contractions. They kept me for 24 hours then released me. I got home on Monday afternoon and during the night I developed a fever in addition to strong very painful contractions.

Tuesday Morning: I woke up with chills and a fever. I also did not feel the baby move after many trys to get the baby to wake up. Panic is an understatement. I was terrified something was very wrong. I called the dr and they immediately told me to head to L&D. I got there and my fever was 101.5 and my heart and the baby's was racing dangerously high. I was also contracting. They tested me for EVERYTHING I had an amino (which I don't ever want to relive) X-rays, tons of blood taken and fever reducers. Long story short they still do not know what caused the infection and fever. Thank you Lord it was NOT in my amniotic fluid and the baby is perfectly healthy and fine.

Thursday: I was released from the hospital and put back on bed rest. I resumed my terbutaline meds until next Friday. The amino showed the baby's lungs are NOT developed enough to breathe on it's own so we are holding off delivery until at least next Friday when I will be 36 weeks.

The Dr decided it was safe for me to be at home and not stay in the hospital because the contractions have not caused me to dialte beyond 3cm in the last 4 days. I was scared to come home to a stressful house with 3 kids but my family is wonderful and doing everything to eliminate stress.

So the plan is resting at home. I've got my mom staying here with us and helping. The might also head over to my parents house if things get too crazy. I would like to be around the kids if possible. My husband is also able to work from home.

So in a nutshell baby is still healthy in my tummy and we hope to gain another week.

This has been a crazy ride and I look forward to meeting my healthy baby in the next couple weeks. My biggest prayer is no NICU for us this time around. Our chances are great if we make it to next Friday.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!



Nicole said...

I am so relieved! I have been worried sick! Hang in there Baby A/C.

Jenny said...

Im so GLAD...wellnot that the lungs arent ready but that the baby is still baking:) Seriously cannot wait to hold this precious gift that is giving you a run for your money already! I think h/she might be my favorite Rudd already! It's going to have one big personality! Much love and SO glad all is well.

Dina said...

I am so sorry for all the drama you have been going through! I am glad that baby is hanging in there. We will be praying!

Kelly said...

Hello! I'm a relatively new reader to your blog and I've been checking back daily this week to learn how you and your little angel are doing. I was SO excited to learn you are both hanging in there and that you have another week to give your lil' one a headstart!Hang in there, stay strong and enjoy the anticipation of meeting your spirited lil' angel!!! ;)

Amy said...

Just read all your updates. Oh my goodness girl - let me know if I can help!