layout

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Repurposed Cabinet Door

One of my many finds in Canton was this unfinished cabinet door. (I've got 2 more for other projects)

I've wanted a chalk board at the end of my cabinet for a while. I just needed to find the right shape.

I found one that had the same arch as our kitchen cabinets. I scored this for $5!I sprayed the whole thing with chalk board paint. Then I did some distressing and applied a natural color stain to the edge and trim. I left the middle un-coated so I could use it as a chalk board.
With some little wooden accent pieces I was done! I plan to use this as our menu board. The kids are always asking what's for dinner.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

I love it! It's beautiful and creative!

Kama said...

Great idea!!

Aimee said...

Cute idea! You are so creative!